Sunday, August 30, 2009

Made in Massachusetts

Driving out to the Western part of the state, I became interested in all things made in Massachusetts. As we drove down on route 2 the paper company Erving became part of our landscape as I watched the factory out of the corner of my eye and began thinking, what can I buy in Massachusetts to help support my home state? Paper, but what else? I began brainstorming a list with my husband. Yankee Candles, Polar Beverages, Welch Jelly, Necco Waffers........ So I begin this post as a question, a list and let's find out. What is made in Massachusetts? Truly made here or developed here?

Top favorite Discoveries.
Friendly Ice Cream

The first Friendly's ice cream shop opened in Springfield in 1935.

Polar Beverages, they make the most delicious raspberry soda.

St. Pierre

Horseshoes in the backyard. A fun summertime past time. St. Pierre Manufacturing Corp. is the No. 1 maker of pitching horseshoes, or those used in the popular lawn game. The company produces 4,000 horseshoes a day.

Welch Jelly, I always passed their building as a child, so I thought it was made here, but really their headquarters are here but their factories are all over America.

To be continued.


1 comment:

  1. you have such a fun blog! I have enjoyed reading all your posts!
    Please come visit me at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com and enter my current giveaway. I try to have a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday so I hope you decide to become a follower so you don't miss out!
    xo
    Priscila

    ReplyDelete